These seminars facilitate use of the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association, sixth edition.
What’s New in the Sixth Edition is a 1-hour focus on new material presented in the current APA Manual. It includes:
– Emphasis on ethics
– New treatment of headings
– Citation of electronic sources
– Introduction of Digital Object Identifiers
– Use of supplemental material
– Appropriate inclusion of data designs
– Changes in format requirements
Introduction to APA Style, a 2-hour program, provides new APA users with an overview of what’s included and where they can find helpful information. Basic instruction is provided for:
– Setting up proper format
– Preparing standard parts of a manuscript
– Using author-date citations in text
– Constructing a reference list
– Adding appendices & supplemental material
– Creating effective tables and figures
More Help With APA Style
Additional information on APA style is available on the website of the American Psychological Association (http://www.apastyle.org/).
Also on the APA site, sign up for APA updates on Twitter and Facebook.
APA blogs provide a wealth of information about a variety of issues of style. (http://blog.apastyle.org/).